Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The COVID stuff : finding use for salvaged materials

 Even though I worked onsite full-time through the pandemic, I found some time to experiment with some furniture and build in some storage. The furniture was all made using salvaged materials. I think a lot of people found that their spaces could use an upgrade and a purge during the pandemic. I did a little bit of both:


I made this chicken coop for a friend's flock out of the old siding and other scraps. I did use new lumber for the overall frame, but all the cladding is salvaged from one thing or another.

Made a little outdoor mounted box for my gardening hand tools as well.

And I made this rustic sleeper sofa. The slab of foam was already on hand, somewhat dictating the proportions of the thing. I laminated two halves of a sheet of ADX together and routered out slots and openings for the webbed backing. It's probably obvious that the base is made of pallets and the frame for the back is 2x4 lumber. 

Those are the early pandemic projects. The storage stuff is next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will.