Monday, August 19, 2019

And once I felt better, I felt compelled to work on yet another construction project

So after recuperating from the ER, I made a bucket list. I've been chipping away at it fairly steadily. I could stand to accelerate my progress a little bit, but that's another story. The point of this post is that the necessity for this next project came into focus, so being the determined guy that I am, I saved up, worked on a small project for my own humble abode (honestly, this was in the works while I was still at the Witte), and then went ahead with the planning, permitting, and construction.

First the interior design stuff in my place:

Poplar "butcher block" type slabs that I laminated together with biscuits and dowels, Piano hinge, and some mahogany table legs that I found for cheap at a thrift store.  Like I've said before, I like having something pre-existing to work off of.
Oddly, at this stage the place seems both small and empty. I wanted the built-ins to feel built in, so I made that happen:
And I'm sure you can guess what's coming next:

I'm a little proud of that piece of handiwork. It's part cabin, part tiny home, part mid-century inspired bachelor pad. kinda.

It definitely made the space more functional and fun. Only took a few weekends and lunch breaks.

Next post is the remodel...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will.